Wednesday 22 February 2012

Remembering - Part 2

Feel free not to read that last post, it may be slightly depressing. But I wrote it out last night and I think it helped me get through today.

It seemed so surreal. We had our 2 minutes silence at 12.51, we stood outside the cafe and lined the street with 20 or so others. I didn't cry, I just tried to remember what the weather was like that day, I think it was a bit grey, like today. I don't remember it raining, or being especially hot. I haven't seen or heard any of the footage from any of the memorial services, I was at work too early to attend any. So the day almost felt like any other. Almost.

I went and stood for a while at the CTV site. They have resurrected a memorial there. I remembered and took in the change.

I feel ok.

Things have moved forward, in my life and in the life of Christchurch.

Today I am thankful. For my life and the lives of my friends and family. For a roof over our heads and that we are employed. Amongst many things.

I have read some beautiful things from other Chch bloggers about this anniversary, they aren't sad, they are focused on the future and moving forward. I want to be like that too.

Rise up.




P.s My quilt is coming along nicely, a trip to Spotlight is in the cards soon yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!