Tuesday 18 March 2014

DIY Neck and Shoulder Wheat Pack



I own a bunch of wheat packs, most courtesy of Holly over at Hollymayb. When she did a giant stash clean out, I walked away with some nice heavy drill cotton and a bag full of wheat (among many other things!).
The other night I decided that having a wheat pack that I could put around my neck and have it stay there would be pretty awesome. So off I went and after an evening sitting at the sewing machine, I put this sucker in the microwave and ended the night in bliss.

Luckily I remembered to take progress shots for this tutorial but I winged this pattern so sorry for the inconsistancies!

 You will need:
  • 2x pieces of A4 paper taped together down the long sides.
  • Piece of drill cotton or heavy fabric approx 50cm x 60 cm
  • 550g Wheat (available from bulk bin stores such as Bin Inn)
  • Scissors
  • Sewing Machine with co-ordinating thread
  • Sewing Pins
  • Funnel or Rolled up paper to make a funnel.
I made the pattern up by wrapping the paper around my neck and cutting and changing it until it felt right, hence the wacky measurements. I also folded it in half widthwise to get it symmetrical.

Hopefully the pictures say more than my ramblings but if you have any questions, please ask!


If you make one of these, leave a link in the comments to a picture of it, I would love to see!

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo goooooood! I'm going to make one of these FOR SURE. x

    http://taliachristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kitchen Design & Remodel from start to finish and with coloured lighting,
    very interesting and impressive,Thanks for sharing
    House RENOVATION in Clapham

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!