Wednesday 29 October 2014

Framed Christchurch {Review}

I have so many photos lying around or tucked away that deserve a space on the wall. I am especially guilty of having a tonne of pictures on my computer which never see the light of day. So when I was given the opportunity to have an A4 sized photo professionally framed I jumped at the chance.


 Cathy Benden from Framed Christchurch got in touch with me and asked if I would like to do a review on her new, local business. The easy part was saying yes, the hard part was choosing from the many photos that live in the depths of my computer. The number of photos seems to get a bit out of control when you have a baby. Every expression needs to be captured of course!

I finally decided on this photo of Dave and Addison at the Botanic Gardens here in Christchurch, it just makes my heart melt seeing the bond between them and I can just imagine seeing them in a few years time watching the ducks together.


I got the photo printed 20cm x 30cm and gave it to Cathy at Framed. I was asked what look I was going for and if I wanted a wooden, black, white or coloured frame. I decided to leave the whole choice in Cathy's capable hands and let her decide what would look best.

I love what I got back, The colour of the wood paired with the off-white mat board makes the photo really stand out. The mitre joins are neat and tidy, the frame feels solid and it is backed well with gel cushions on the bottom corners to prevent wall damage. The knots on the hanging string are even sealed with wax to stop it from coming undone. It even came packaged simply buy beautifully. I can't find a fault with her service!


After buying cheap frames for years, I can definitely see the difference in quality and I can imagine this would be more obvious the bigger the picture is.

So if you have a special photo lying around that could be on your wall, give Cathy a call or an email and see what she can do for you.

Framed Christchurch
Cathy Benden
Website: http://www.framedchristchurch.co.nz/
Phone: 021 0853 2456
Email: info@framedchristchurch.co.nz
Trade Me Service Listing and Reviews: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=762549701

Disclosure: The photo was framed for me free of charge in exchange for a review but all opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect photo for it! (but I do agree, every moment *needs* to be captured) You really can't beat a good quality framing job. It looks so good and Framed look like they really care about their customers and care about delivering a life-long quality product.

    Oh, how I look forward to a wall covered in awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a stunning presentation of a beautiful photo! So professional! I've just emailed her! I would love to get the two photos of my girls in my wedding dress displayed some how. I was thinking canvas, but it cuts the photo off to wrap around the frame. I've asked for a quote! Thanks Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous framing! Does she frame cross stich samplers too or just photos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure Lauren! Flick her an email and see what she says :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!