Sunday 2 June 2013

Crochet Ripple Baby Blanket


At the very last minute, an hour before the recipient of this blanket was due to arrive, I put the finishing touches to this blanket.



It has been a sort of medium-term project, it took me just over a month to finish. I used some super soft washable merino baby wool in black, white and a not-quite-pastel, not-quite-lime green. I love the black/white and one other colour combo so you will probably see it pop up more in my projects.

The blanket is not quite cot sized, more like a capsule blanket or cuddle blanket.
I used 3x 50gm balls of each colour then about half a ball for the border.



I used Attic 24's Ripple Pattern and Wires and Yarns pattern to make a straight edge on a ripple. Basically anyway. I tend to mess up somewhere down the line and improvise the rest of the way. At least my sides aren't too wonky.

I am excited that a baby will soon be snuggled up in this blanket, it's like me being there when I can't physically be there. This baby boy will be super warm and cozy.


1 comment:

  1. Soooo cool! I love the edge, it finishes it off really nicely. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!