Sunday 21 April 2013

Diary of a Derby Girl {Part 4 - Gear}


Look at my stash of derby gear!! All that's missing is a mouthguard. Success! My skates are awesome leather ones I got second hand from a Dead End Derby skater on Trademe, which fit me perfectly. Although each week I change something different to try an find my ideal setup. Tighten the trucks, loosen the trucks, tighten them a teeny tiny bit, swap wheels over, change the lacing configuration, it all affects the way you skate!

The helmet was Daves from his BMX days (hence the stickers) and I use it when I bike to work too.

The rest of the safety pads I was donated by my amazing friend Ivy (Minnie Mayhem - remember her?) and so far they are standing up to the vigourous wear and tear that freshmeat provides.

I also am gathering up a bunch of tights to wear when training - it prevents rink rash! Nasty stuff that.
Still no pics of me in my gear yet. Now that I actually have everything it will make for a better photo I think.

Freshmeat is going well so far but that is a story for another time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!