Tuesday 1 September 2015

{Crafty Bake} Lemon, Oat and Coconut Energy Balls


You guys, I just made up my very own recipe! The kind where you throw things in a bowl and hope for the best - and it worked!

I am on a bliss ball buzz at the moment, they are easy, delicious and good for me and my toddler. But this time I had no dates. And lots of lemons. After searching the internet for an appropriate recipe, the best I could find was one with lemon (tick), coconut (tick), and cashews (nope - doh!).

So off I went hunting through my cupboards and here's what I came up with:

Lemon, Oat and Coconut Energy Balls

No Food Processor Required!

Ingredients

1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup coconut
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
3-4 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey to taste
Optional - 2 Tbsp of any of your favourite nuts and seeds. I used Flaxseed and Chia seed.

Method

Put everything in a bowl except the maple syrup/honey and mix well.
Add maple syrup/honey Tbsp at a time then test after each addition. The sweet/tangy combination will vary each time.
Once you are happy with the taste, roll in to walnut sized balls and put in the fridge to chill (or eat, whatever!).

*Bonus Extra* - Coat or dizzle with melted white chocolate and chill to set.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!