Monday 20 July 2015

Baby Shower Makings 5.0


I am absolutely loving this season in my life where everyone seems to be having babies! I love that I have the skills to make a gift that will hopefully be treasured and that is totally made with love!

One of my very good friends had her baby shower last weekend and I have been working away at this crochet ripple blanket for a good few weeks. It is a large bassinet/pram/floor sized blanket and since Baby is gender unknown then the light blue will work with either pink or blue!

I used Esther yarn from Lincraft and used a 5.5mm crochet hook. The ripple pattern is one where you do 2x3dc at the points and 2x dc3tog in the valleys with 3 dc between them. That should make sense if you can crochet! I can't remember which pattern I used but it is one of my favourites because the points are more defined.


I also used the leftover yarn and some extras to crochet this little guy. It is a pattern I have used about 4 or 5 times now and I love it. The limbs are long and lanky and great for little hands to grab.




I can't wait to meet this new baby and see my beautiful friend become a mum! It is such a great time and I hope the little bundle enjoys their presents!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is just so cute. Xxxxx I can't wait to hear when bubs is on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is just so cute. Xxxxx I can't wait to hear when bubs is on the outside!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!