Tuesday 3 February 2015

Baby Shower Makings 4.0 (For my Nephew!!!!)

As I may have mentioned a few times, I am soon going to be an Aunty! Dave's sister is due in a couple of weeks and I am soooooooo excited! She is having a wee boy who is going to grow up to be forced into paying dress ups and tea parties with Addison. Can't. WAIT!

Anyway, she had her baby shower last weekend and, true to form, I got my craft on.

You may remember the Granny Square Baby Blanket I made for said nephew around Christmas time - well I had a lot of yarn left over so I decided to make more things for him out of it. A bassinet/pram sized chevron/ripple blanket and a crochet giraffe. I also made a black and white taggie with a natural wooden teething ring and I bought her a couple of pairs of reusable breast pads. I don't have an overlocker, nor can I sew perfect circles!








The giraffe got named Damian. Long story short, all toys at the baby shower got named after the couple that gave the gift. For example: Jenna and Tim = Jim.
Our couple name is Damy, but that didn't quite work so someone suggested Damian, which is perfect because Addison can stake a claim in it too! Yeah, we are weird.

My beautiful sis-in-law has so many amazing friends who care about her and it was so great to meet them/see them again and bless her little family!
We are all praying for an awesome next few weeks and a great birth. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!