Monday 5 January 2015

Granny Square Baby Blanket


For those of you who I have not excitedly told, I am going to be an Aunty in less than 2 months time!
Dave's sister is having a wee boy and I cannot wait to have another baby in the family! I don't get nice sleepy cuddles from Addison anymore so bring on the newborn! Plus having cousins 10 months apart will be great once they grow up just a teeny bit.

It also means that I get to make lots of things for him! After consulting with my sis-in-law and Pinterest, she decided on the blanket style and colours she wanted. Off I went to Spotlight to get the yarn and I crocheted it up over a month or so.

The blanket uses this pattern and uses pretty much the same colours - except the dark colour I used was dark grey. There is no formula for the colour combinations in each square, I just did them all different and randomised them at the end.

I bought two balls of each colour and only ended up using one of each for this blanket so I have started a smaller pram/bassinet blanket with the rest of it. I quite like these colours together, they are light and refreshing.






3 comments:

  1. Love this! So very pretty. Awesome colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Amy! Yay for new babies and new cousins. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous blanket. I love the colours and the simple pattern. It's nice to see something that's not just blue, blue and more blue!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Non Googlers can post under Anonymous but leave your name so I know who you are!